Nature’s Canopy House is an Ontario-licensed cannabis retail organization, dedicated to enhancing the lives of enthusiasts and newcomers, alike. The first location, located in Brampton, Ontario is slated to open Mid-2021, with 6 more locations confirmed for 2021. Nature’s Canopy House stands for being a force of betterment for cannabis and for the people who choose to consume it. We are a proud family of cannabis people who understand that a clear and simple experience is all that’s needed. We strive to create a comfortable and convenient shopping experience for our customers, both in-real-life and online. Welcome to our house.
Reporting to the management team, the role of a keyholder is a lead educator within the organization. This individual is exceptional at creating intentional customer experiences and helps to cultivate strong relationships between our customers and cannabis. Our keyholders look to set the standard for all budtenders through outstanding customer service, and store compliance.
Our successful candidates will have a strong understanding of customer service and how to apply it in every customer interaction, as every customer will have a different and unique story. They will ask direction-driven questions to uncover customer intentions in order to provide a personalized shopping experience. They look to create an elevated experience for every single customer that enters our store location while keeping it simple and convenient. They will be responsible for providing key information such as product classes and product attributes which will allow every customer to make an educated and informed purchase. They will also act as a team leader and help to drive the business through different avenues in order to meet and exceed personal and collective sales goals. These keyholders will assist their management team in leading change and growth throughout Nature’s Canopy House while also upholding all store policies.
Successful NCH Keyholders are motivated and eager to learn about our brand and embody our company mission to provide a comfortable and informative shopping experience. They demonstrate adaptability and versatility and have a willingness to learn with a growing brand like Nature’s Canopy House.
- Perform opening and closing procedures within the location. This includes verifying cash deposits and float amounts, as well as verifying inventory.
- Deliver the highest degree of positive customer experiences, that are both genuine and aligned to Nature’s Canopy House’s values.
- Genuinely build relationships and appropriately determine needs, while helping our customers discover their cannabis self.
- Assist in performance management and setting a strong example for all staff members on a daily basis.
- Successfully drive sales by educating on the brand and products.
- Demonstrate a strong level of cannabis knowledge and curate experiences that go above and beyond expectations.
- Seek opportunities to contribute to and improve business results on a daily basis.
- Support with inventory management and practice proper section ownership to ensure customers have access to the right stock to drive sales.
- Support with completing all tasks and duties within the store, as assigned.
- Assist with floor leadership and customer service expertise.
- Adhere to all company training and operational standards and procedures (education, merchandising, cleanliness, security, checklists etc.) This also includes company policies and programs regarding compliance.
- Ensure awareness and understanding of all company communication, rollouts, directives and procedures, with attention and best-effort put towards actualizing these initiatives into reality.
- Adhere to all legislative requirements of cannabis retailers, including federal, provincial and municipal legislation.
- Adhere to all health and safety practices and measures.
- Minimum 3-5 years of customer service experience, retail is considered an asset. Service experience is also considered an asset.
- Leadership experience leading a small team toward sales goals and business results, preferably experience managing 3-5 people.
- Ability to deliver meaningful customer experiences and deliver measurable business results.
- Ability to manage and multitask with competing priorities in a fast-paced working environment.
- Demonstrate proactiveness within the business while demonstrating strong decision-making.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrate teamwork and collaboration.
- Emotional intelligence: you possess the ability to recognize emotions of customers and can adapt communication to provide optimal customer service and fulfill customer needs.
- Demonstrate problem solving as well as adaptability to a constantly changing legal landscape.
- You demonstrate a motivation to work in the cannabis industry and help to enforce the culture we want to display in all of our stores.
- You have a strong knowledge base for the products on the market and are continually learning about new developments in the cannabis industry.
- You are open to learning and coaching and have a demonstrated history of turning feedback into constructive actions and behaviours that expand on existing abilities.
- You also have experience coaching team members and providing direction and feedback in a constructive manner.
- You are trustworthy, can demonstrate high levels of personal responsibility and demonstrate integrity on a daily basis.
- You understand the importance of health and safety as well as compliance requirements and maintaining it in the workplace.
- High school diploma/GED or equivalent.
- Minimum age 19 years old or age as specified by the provincial government.
- Able to lift 5-30 lbs.
- Previous cash handling experience is considered an asset.
- Must be flexible with hours of work - fluctuating between days, evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Cann-Sell certification required.
- CPR certification is considered a strong asset.
- Successful completion of a criminal background check required.
Interested in being a part of the Nature's Canopy House team? Does this sound like you? If so, we look forward to your application! Nature's Canopy House embraces diversity and encourages all qualified applicants to apply. To set ourselves apart from most employers, we offer:
- Compensation: Starting $20.00 hourly
- Two weeks paid vacation.
- In-depth training programs.
- Incentive opportunities.
- Opportunities for growth within the organization as we are an employer that is dedicated to the development of our talent both as professionals and as human beings.
Please inform us if you require any accommodations during the hiring process. Please note that only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. We thank you for your interest in joining Nature’s Canopy House.