Nature’s Canopy House is an Ontario-licensed cannabis retail organization, dedicated to enhancing the lives of enthusiasts and newcomers, alike. The first location, located in Brampton, Ontario is slated to open Mid-2021, with 6 more locations confirmed for 2021. Nature’s Canopy House stands for being a force of betterment for cannabis and for the people who choose to consume it. We are a proud family of cannabis people who understand that a clear and simple experience is all that’s needed. We strive to create a comfortable and convenient shopping experience for our customers, both in-real-life and online. Welcome to our house.
Reporting to the management team, the role of a budtender is a brand ambassador that plays a crucial role within our organization. This individual is exceptional at creating intentional customer experiences and helps to cultivate strong relationships between our customers and cannabis. Our budtenders look to ensure the organization’s success by being the first and last point of contact for our customers while providing insightful knowledge and achieving sales goals.
Our successful candidates will have a strong understanding of customer service and how to apply it in every customer interaction as every customer will have a different and unique story. They will ask direction-driven questions to uncover customer intentions in order to provide a personalized shopping experience. They look to create an elevated experience for every single customer that enters our store location while keeping it simple and convenient. They will be responsible for providing imperative information such as product classes and responsibility practices which will allow every customer to make an educated and informed purchase. They are motivated and eager to learn about our brand and embody our company mission to provide a comfortable and informative shopping experience. They demonstrate adaptability and versatility and have a willingness to learn with a growing brand like Nature’s Canopy House.
- Deliver the highest degree of positive customer experiences, that are both genuine and aligned to the company values.
- Genuinely build relationships and appropriately determine needs, while helping our customers discover their cannabis self.
- Successfully drive sales by educating on the brand and products.
- Demonstrate a strong level of cannabis knowledge and curate experiences that go above and beyond expectations.
- Seek opportunities to contribute to and improve business results on a daily basis.
- Support with inventory management and practice proper section ownership to ensure customers have access to the right stock to drive sales.
- Support with completing all tasks and duties within the store, as assigned.
- Adhere to all company training and operational standards and procedures (education, merchandising, cleanliness, security, checklists etc.) This also includes company policies and programs regarding compliance.
- Ensure awareness and understanding of all company communication, rollouts, directives and procedures, with attention and best-effort put towards actualizing these initiatives into reality.
- Adhere to all legislative requirements of cannabis retailers, including federal, provincial and municipal legislation.
- Adhere to all health and safety practices and measures.
- Minimum 1-3 years of customer service experience, retail is considered an asset. Service experience is also considered an asset.
- Able to drive meaningful customer experiences and deliver measurable business results.
- Ability to manage and multitask with competing priorities in a fast-paced working environment.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- A passion for teamwork and collaboration.
- Emotional intelligence: you possess the ability to recognize emotions of customers and can discern between various emotions in order to provide optimal customer service and fulfill customer needs.
- Strong problem-solving skills as well as adaptability to a constantly changing legal landscape.
- You demonstrate a motivation to work in the cannabis industry and help to enforce the culture we want to display in all of our stores.
- You have a strong knowledge base for the products on the market and are continually learning about new developments in the cannabis industry.
- You are open to learning and coaching and have a demonstrated history of turning feedback into constructive actions and behaviours that expand on existing abilities.
- You are trustworthy, can demonstrate high levels of personal responsibility and demonstrate integrity on a daily basis.
- You understand the importance of health and safety as well as compliance requirements and maintaining it in the workplace.
- High school diploma/GED or equivalent.
- Minimum age 19 years old or age as specified by the provincial government.
- Able to lift 5-30 lbs.
- Previous cash handling experience is considered an asset.
- Must be flexible with hours of work - fluctuating between days, evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Cann-Sell certification required.
- Successful completion of a criminal background check required.
Interested in being a part of the Nature's Canopy House team? Does this sound like you? If so, we look forward to your application! Nature's Canopy House embraces diversity and encourages all qualified applicants to apply. To set ourselves apart from most employers, we offer:
- Compensation: Starting $16.00 hourly
- Two weeks paid vacation.
- In-depth training programs.
- Incentive opportunities.
- Opportunities for growth within the organization, we are an employer that is dedicated to the development of our talent both as professionals and as human beings.
Please inform us if you require any accommodations during the hiring process. Please note that only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. We thank you for your interest in joining Nature’s Canopy House.