Nature’s Canopy House is an Ontario-licensed cannabis retail organization, dedicated to enhancing the lives of enthusiasts and newcomers, alike. The first location, located in Brampton, Ontario is slated to open Mid-2021, with 6 more locations confirmed for 2021. Nature’s Canopy House stands for being a force of betterment for cannabis and for the people who choose to consume it. We are a proud family of cannabis people who understand that a clear and simple experience is all that’s needed. We strive to create a comfortable and convenient shopping experience for our customers, both in-real-life and online. Welcome to our house.
Reporting to the General Store Manager, the Assistant Store Manager will be responsible for assisting in the organization, preparation, and execution of all managerial tasks within their store location. They will also be responsible for maintaining efficient operations that lead to the store’s success. The Assistant Store Manager, with their General Manager, will be responsible for leading their team through change, developing their skills, and driving sales with compliance. This individual will ensure that best practices, policies and regulations are being implemented. They will also inspire and mentor their team through a collaborative and communicative environment.
The Assistant Store Manager roles and responsibilities will extend through every avenue of the store such as inventory management, scheduling, performance management and store compliance excellence. This individual will thrive in a fast-paced environment where efficient multi-tasking and proactive delegation are a must.
Our successful candidate will bring a passion for Cannabis and its culture to Nature’s Canopy House. They will share this passion with their team on a daily basis to ensure that our customers are receiving an enlightening and positive experience.
- Understand the scheduling model for all employees, ensuring ESA compliance as well as ensuring all business KPI’s are met.
- Monitor payroll, ensuring ESA compliance.
- Assist in the creation and implementation of NCH’s Standard Operating Procedures.
- Execute store operations, including inventory management, store compliance, and sales.
- Uphold store policies, brand guidelines and campaigns, as well as procedures and operational guidelines.
- Ensure AGCO and OCS compliance measures are constantly met and a priority by acting as a liaison for these regulating bodies.
- Ongoing, in-the-moment coaching and constructive performance management for all staff, including management team in order to foster their development.
- Provide floor leadership and customer service expertise, setting the gold standard for all team members.
- Train and develop staff in accordance with operating policies, procedures and best practices. This also includes providing each team member education and training on new products and accessories.
- Help create and execute initiatives to increase customer loyalty and community support.
- Perform opening and closing procedures within the location. This includes verifying cash deposits and float amounts, as well as verifying inventory.
- Minimum 2-3 years of senior leadership with a demonstrated history of being a brand and operations lead for your organization.
- Demonstrated experience with managing a large scope of individuals.
- You have a strong knowledge base for the products on the market and are continually learning about new developments in the cannabis industry.
- Experience with payroll management and compliance.
- Workforce management with scheduling experience that demonstrates ESA compliance while also fulfilling business needs (sales goals, monitoring of KPI’s).
- Ability to work through others including management team and staff, delegating where necessary in order to ensure efficiency and productivity.
- Proficiency in understanding and utilizing software programs such as Microsoft Office, Excel, COVA, etc.
- Strong analytical skills, including reviewing all finance reports and adjusting business efforts where needed to encourage sales and productivity.
- Stand as a go-to leader within the store location amongst all staff.
- Excellent time management skills are a must as well as thriving in a fast-paced environment that is constantly changing.
- You demonstrate a motivation to work in the cannabis industry and help to enforce the culture we want to display in all of our stores.
- Strong understanding of inventory management and processes.
- You understand the importance of health and safety as well as compliance requirements and maintaining it in the workplace.
- Minimum 2-3 years of experience in a senior leadership role, service or retail industry considered a strong asset.
- High school diploma/GED or equivalent.
- Minimum age 19 years old or age as specified by the provincial government.
- Previous experience in a regulated industry is considered a strong asset.
- Able to lift 5-30 lbs.
- Must be flexible with hours of work - fluctuating between days, evenings, weekends and holidays.
- CPR certification is considered a strong asset.
- Obtained JHSC training certification is considered an asset.
- Retail Managers’ Licence required.
- Cann-Sell certification required.
- Successful completion of a criminal background check required.
Interested in being a part of the Nature's Canopy House team? Does this sound like you? If so, we look forward to your application! Nature's Canopy House embraces diversity and encourages all qualified applicants to apply. To set ourselves apart from most employers, we offer:
- Compensation: $40,000-$45,000 per year
- 2 weeks paid vacation.
- In depth training programs.
- Incentive opportunities.
- Opportunities for growth within the organization as we are an employer that is dedicated to the development of our talent both as professionals and as human beings.
Please inform us if you require any accommodations during the hiring process. Please note that only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. We thank you for your interest in joining Nature’s Canopy House.